Osaka City 大阪市

The City of Osaka official website

A guide for living OSAKA

Residence Procedures & Passport

Immigration Services Agency & Immigration Information Center

Immigration Services Agency

Information Centers(Immigration Services Agency)

Websites of Japanese Embassies, Diplomatic Missions in Japan and Permanent Missions

page top

Residence Procedures

Visa Procedures(Immigration Services Agency)

page top


1 Loss of Passport

If you lose your passport, you must first go to the nearest police station and obtain a “Certificate of Report of Lost Property”. Then you may go to the embassy or consulate of your country in Japan and apply for a re-issue of your passport. The Report of Lost Property receipt number, written on the receipt you receive from the police, is necessary for this procedure.

2 Transfer of Endorsement

If your passport is lost and newly issued, it is necessary to transcribe the entry permit stamp and status of residence. These procedures are performed at the Immigration Services Agency

page top